Who lived the longest in Stratton Park?

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Uncle Tom

Postby Debra Jean » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 pm

My uncle Tom lived in the same apartment in 1534 Beach Avenue from 1968-2007 that's a long time!!
You Can Take The Girl Out Of The Bronx
But You Can't Take The Bronx Out Of The Girl!
Debra Jean

Postby irishgirl2 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:53 pm

Does anyone recall a Lisa Schneider that lived either on beach Ave or Taylor she would be about 42/43 anyone recall her or her sibilings Frank and Susan I believe. I have been looking for Lisa was a good friend when I was young. I left the Bronx in 1973.
irishgirl2

Maybe u can help me?

Postby irishgirl2 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 pm

[quote="bronxite"]Hi all, I lived on Taylor Avenue from 1948 until 1988. I stayed in the same apt. my family lived in even after I was married. So I was a long time resident.[/quote]

I am looking for a friend I had in the Bronx in the early 70's. I believe if memory serves me correctly that she lived either on Tayloe Ave or Beach Ave. At the time she had 2 sibilings. I think there names may have been Frank and Susan. I went to St.Anthonys school with her. I can recall a number of things back then and I was only eight. She was like a sister to me when I was a kid. She was my first friend and I have been searching for a while for her. If you can give me any feed back I would appreciate it. As I am unsure which high school she attended. Thanks!
irishgirl2

Postby irishgirl2 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:13 pm

I thought I would post another note! Ihave seen many people talk about Taylor Ave. Did anyone know the Schneider Family? They lived on either Beach or Talor Ave. In the early 70's I recall 3 kids. One was my friend Lisa and if I am correct I think her siblings were Frank and Susa. Lisa attended St.Anthonys school and she would of been born in '65. She is either 32 or 43. Any help would be appreciated!
irishgirl2

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon May 26, 2008 9:53 pm

I was speaking withy my brother Bobby today and we think our mother, Anne Carolan, might be a contender she was born and lived on St. Lawrence Ave. Married my father and moved to White Plains Rd. and then to the Co-ops. She finally moved to Jefferson Valley NY. to be nearer to Bobby and I. Mom never did speak about her age but suffice it say she lived in the "neighborhood" over 80 years.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Who has been in the Stratton Park Neighborhood the longest..

Postby Susanne Butler Sciales » Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 am

I just read the replies and think that my Aunt who still goes to Mass at St. Anthony's is probably the longest resident in the area. Ms. Anna Pesce Landman was born on Leland Avenue May 24 1929 or 1930 and lived there until around 1953 or 54 when she moved to 1496 St. Lawrence Ave. This was the house across the street from St. Anthony's Church and School. Then she moved to 1575 Thieriot Avenue where she still lives to this day. She was married at St. Anthony's in 1973 and still lived in the apartment on Thieriot Avenue. She has never left the area. That makes about 78 years or more.
She grew up and made all her sacraments at St. Anthony's. She was my Mom's ( Amy Butler)sister.
Would be interested in any news regarding St. Anthony's graduating class of 1963. I was in 8A1/8B1. God Bless America and St. Anthony's Parish, Past, Present, and Future!
Susanne Butler Sciales

Previous

Return to Stratton Park