Looking for a lost friend

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Looking for a lost friend

Postby irishgirl2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi I lived on Commonwealth ave. I lived there from 1965 thru 1978. I attended St Anthonys school. I recall a teacher by the name of Ms. Fair. I now reside in Mahopac NY. My family attended St Anthonys Church. My memory is of Monsignor Ford. I have been looking for a friend I went to school at St. Anthonys. Her name was Lisa Schneider she would be about 42/43 yrs old now. I know she either lived on Beach Ave or Taylor ave. I think she had a sister Susan and possibily a brother Frank. Maybe someone will know them and where they might be living.
irishgirl2

Re: Looking for a lost friend

Postby MaureenBo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:40 pm

I had Miss Virginia Fair for kindergarden and Susan Schneider was in my class. I think Frankie may have been as well. I don't remember Lisa, though. I should post my old school photo. It's pretty annihilated, tho! I do believe Susie and Frankie are in it. I can't tell you whatever became of them, I haven't seen them in probably decades now.
I went to St. Anthony's School from 1977 through 1984. (Teachers: Miss Fair, Miss Andrea, Miss DeRosa, Miss Casey, Miss Caulfield, Miss Kanarski, Sister Kevin.) Lived at 1534 Beach until April 1990.
MaureenBo

Postby Mir32366 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:51 am

Hi there, I attended St. Anthony's from 1972 to 1980. Sorry I do not know the person you are looking for. However I just wanted to say hello neighbor - I live in Cortlandt Manor.
Mir32366

Postby rabbate » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:11 am

I knew Lisa Schnieder in fact my Mom and her Mom were good friends - I lived at 1564 Taylor they lived in the apt, building up the block closet to Tremont Ave. I attend st. Anthony's from 1971 - 1976 and them moved up to woodlawn. I don't know where Lisa now lives but yes she had a brother frankie who was a wild little guy! we used to come home together from school in fact inthe picture section here on this site you will find a class pic 1974-75 Lisa is in that picture - My name is Rob Abbate - if you find her let me know!

Best Rgds....
rabbate

Postby irishgirl2 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 pm

We were in the same class! I went to St. Anthonys in 1971. I was born on January 11th 1965. I have a pretty good memory of Lisa she had a reddish blondish hair. I just don't remember her parents names that would really help me. For some reason it could be wrong I was only 7 or 8 I thought maybe her mother was Barbara or Beverly? I know for sure the names of all the kids..Lisa (oldest) Frank ( Middle child) Susan ( baby of the family!) Hope you can help... I remember her..and her sibilings....and she liked the Partridge Family as a kid I remember a poster in her room. Where is your email? Thanks Sue
irishgirl2

Postby rabbate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:29 pm

my email is robertabbate@sbcglobal.net. What was ur last name? are you in the class picture which is posted on the site for 74-75?. I am not sure what lisa's mother name was the husband name was frank. If they stayed in the bronx she may of went for high school to either St. Catherines or Barnabas I doubt Barnabas I would have known considering I lived down the block from there or she could have went to Preston. Have u searched Facebook or Classmates ? PS Monsignor Ford is still alive and is retired now living in Rockland county - he Married both of my sisters and me and my wife as well he presided over my dad's funeral mass as well, he was/is still close to my family.
Last edited by rabbate on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rabbate

Postby rabbate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:33 pm

[quote="MaureenBo"]I had Miss Virginia Fair for kindergarden and Susan Schneider was in my class. I think Frankie may have been as well. I don't remember Lisa, though. I should post my old school photo. It's pretty annihilated, tho! I do believe Susie and Frankie are in it. I can't tell you whatever became of them, I haven't seen them in probably decades now.[/quote]

MaureenBO there is 1974-75 class pic on this site you would have been in my class as well I had Ms. Fair and lisa Schnieder was in my class I attended st. anthony's from 1971-76
rabbate

Postby irishgirl2 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:32 pm

I left the Bronx in June of "72....My last name now and then is Mahoney..so I would been in pictures up till then. I don't have many pictures but I do have my communion pics with Monsignor Ford. I have one class picture at P.S. 102..... I will have to look for my pics! I am sure there are more as my dad was a big picture taker. The only problem is they were not too organized in those days or now! I will look though..I think I may have been in that picture with the young cheerleaders. Thanks for your help!
irishgirl2

Postby rabbate » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Ok - U left in '72 I thought u lived there thru 78? maybe I mis-understood apologies!
rabbate

Postby irishgirl2 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Oh no problem...do u have any class pics?
irishgirl2

Return to Stratton Park