Bond's home run record

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Bond's home run record

Postby Mike Durkin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:28 am

Hi! I just thought I'd start a poll on Bond's home run record.
Mike Durkin

Bond's home run

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:20 am

Hey Mike,
Thanks for mentioning this topic. Have been discussing this with my teen age sons. I have been a baseball fan since I was a kid. i just don't think Barry Bonds should get credit, when he has been known to take steroids. How can we teach young people, that doing your best is all that matters? When you can just pop some steroids & be strong quicker, without trying. As kids we all played in the streets & the park. We all learned good sportsmanship.(some didn't practice it) we didn't drive "daddy's Lexus" at 16. or see a plastic surgeon to get nose jobs by 17. we didn't have a professional photographer, come to our homes to take our prom pictures. Some were lucky to go to college. There were some were lucky to get scholarships, others had parents who made sacrifices. Then there were some of us who put ourselves through school while working. So someone please tell me why should some guy who originally worked hard to get to the majors, then cheat by taking steroids, just to beat a record, that someone else will beat in another 20 yrs. How many of us had after school and summer jobs? Hard work didn't hurt any of us! So that is my feeling about Barry Bonds.[/u]
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby JohnTell » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:07 am

Hey Mike...I knew Bonds was on steroids as soon as his hat size ballooned past my own ample hat size... :lol:

BTW ...When those other two juicers, McGuire and Sosa were chasing the single season HR record I started wearing my hair in a crew cut style again to honor the late great "RAJUH" Maris...

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Return to Stratton Park