Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby matt keenan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Hello All: Hope all is well. I see we are having some memory lane fun dusting off the old brain cells. The Merry Mailman was Roy Heatherton so I'd imagine that his ~~ daughter had a boys name like Joey.
Now, who played the male roles in the classic "Real McCoys" along with their first name role names.
What was the name of the show and who was the star of the show where you could stick a plastic type shield on your television and learn how to draw. Have a great day. Love, Peace and Happiness, Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Merry Mailman....

Postby Freddy C » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 pm

Hey Eddie,
How does Ray Hethington and daughter Joey Hethington sound? And she married Lance Rentzel.
I have to confess my wife, Kathy helped me with a lot of the answers. (Cheating always appealed to me.) lol
Freddy C

Postby Mike Durkin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:58 pm

How about SHINDIG,HULLABALLU and WHERE THE ACTION IS? BATMAN in color!
Mike Durkin

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi Matt, Eddie, Freddy, Mike, Judy, Marie Elena and All:

Matt you beat me to it with Joey Heatherton :lol: I thought the mailman was Ray Heatherton but I wasn't sure if Joey Heatherton was old enough to be her. ???
The Real McCoys answer is Grandpa McCoy : Played by Walter Brennan
Luke McCoy - Played by Richard Crenna
and the fun game that I Loved and so did John Tell was WINKY DINK....
No one has come up with an answer to my "My Little Margie" question of the name of the interferring neighbor (I will give you a hint - she was probably 70 years old at the time of the series) and also Freddy C. you got all the ones you answered correct except you forgot to make a stab at Cosmo Toppers Boss's name. No fair if you look these up (spouses are not considered cheating :lol: here is why: at our age now we probably need a little nudge in the brain cells :roll: )
Matt I think I got these right??? and I hope that is what you were asking. One more thought if grandpa McCoy's first name is what you were after was it (Amos)???
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:39 pm

Yes, we are a sad bunch. That being said, I'm sure Walter Brennan's name was Amos McCoy, and the the Merry Mailman, Ray Heatherton's fine ass daughter was and is Joey. Freddy C., can you really be that good, or are you looking this stuff up? Durkin, glad you're in it now too. You seem like a Hogan's Heroes kind of guy. What was the actor's name (real life and the character's name) from Hogan's Heroes who was a POW with Hogan, and later became a game show host? I think it was "Password" game show.
Eddie Acunzo

Not looking it up...

Postby Freddy C » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 am

I'm definitely not looking up the answers. No, I wouldn't do that to you folks. But I just started to read some of the Trivia to my wife, Kathy, and we kind of got caught up in the whole thing. But Pat says that's allowed, cause we're old, so I guess its okay. (lol)
PAT: No clue on Topper's boss' name.
MATT: Could it be you are having a CRS moment.(lol) You may be confusing two different shows? There was Learn To Draw with John Nagy, were you bought a drawing kit at the store, then used the paper and pencils, etc. to follow along as he drew on his easel on the TV (beard and all) He was always too damn fast for me.
Now, Pat and John are correct, the show with the plastic sheet was the Winky Dink Show. You would send away for the kit, plastic sheet and crayons and a cloth eraser. Winky would walk into some kind of trouble, and the kid at home had to follow the instructions to help Winky out. Remember the theme song? "Winky Dink" and you, "Winky Dink" and me Think of all the fun we'll have together
(or something like that) Somehow I once misplaced the plastic sheet, so I drew in crayon on the tube. Had to save Winky, you understand. My mother almost murdered me.
EDDIE: You can't look this up, just gotta know it : "Swamp Fox Swamp Fox Tail on his hat You never know where the Swamp Fox is at Swamp Fox Swamp Fox Hiding in the glen You never know where and you never know when. " How's that for memory, cuz? (lol)
Oh, just read your last question....the POW and actor was Richard Dawson, and it was not Password but Family Feud. And its 3 o'clock in the morning, and Kathy is in dreamland for a good 2 hours. (I do my best work at night. (lol) and by the way, Richard Dawson's character wore a knit army work jacket all the time. Hogan wore a leather flyers jacket. And the German Sargeant was Schultz. And the German Colonel was Klink, and he wore a monacle. Now, I don't remember Dawson's character's name (I want to guess Grimes or something British, which he was); although I believe Grimes was James Garner's character in the Great Escape when he played the scrounge.
It's way too late, and my movie facts are overriding my TV stuff, so I'm gonna go sleep on it. Anyway, I'll ask Kathy in the morning.(lol)
Freddy C

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:21 am

Hi All Again:

Freddy C. I got into trouble the same way with the Winky Dink plastic sheet. I also loved watching John Nagy and you are RIGHT that sun of gun was slick and just when you thought you might be catching up he would pull a much embeleshed and a lot further ahead drawing or sometimes painting and say something like just continue on with yours and I will show you how I got the lighting in the trees (meanwhile you were only up to drawing in the bark and surrounding ground area) :lol: now you are stuck with remembering in your head where to go from there etc. :roll: the real corker was next show was not necessarily where you left off - he might go to a completely different medium like craypas to paint etc.
and here you are with your bark and ground cover done just waiting till next time :lol:

I remember Hogans Heroes and I used to love Sgt. Schultz - "I KNOW NOTHING - I SEE NOTHING" . I also remembered Richard Dawson but can't shake the cob webs loose enough to remember his characters name either. OH! By the way the annoying neighbor
that always got in to trouble with Margie (Gale Storm) was Mrs. Odettes and Cosmo Toppers boss's name was Mr. Dithers ( the same as Dagwood Bumpsteads boss)... I believe please check me if I am wrong NOW THAT I SAID THIS THE DOUBT HAS CREPT INTO SOME NOOKS AND CRANNY'S (WHAT : Product used that as a plus for themselves?????) :D See that the mind is always running but it just doesn't run in succession all the time :oops:

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby lisa luciano » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:33 pm

hi patsy
richard dawson's character on hogan's heroes was NEWKIRK, i always loved his accent. nooks and crannies were the bonus that came with thomas' english muffins. i also remember that drawing show with john nagy- i remember pestering my mom until she got me the official set for christmas.
bye bye for now!
lisa luciano

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Yes, yes, Mrs. Odettes and Newkirk! Here is one I don't think I've ever been able to find anyone else to remember except my brother and I. Who starred in a TV show from the fifties called "Man with a Camera." This actor at one point in his career was noted to be the biggest actor in the world, not necessarily in America, but the biggest world-wide at one time. What was this actor's name, who played the part of a photographer??
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Hi Lisa - Eddie and All:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back at y'all.... But you know how slow we are from the south :lol: South Bronx that is :

Lisa - you got them all! Eddie I can think of only 2 and I think it is the first one if I am even close to correct: Is it Robert Conrad (the older heftier one) or Dom Deluise ????
I may not be even close but I do remember Robert Conrad in a show that I watched sometimes I think it was Braniff or something like that.

One more to throw in there and see if anyone gets them: What was Roy Rogers sidekicks name : the name of the car: the names of Roy and Dale Evans Horses?????

Regards to all and Again Good Goin Lisa - Anytime you want ask some trivia of your own jump right in there. Eddie Please let me know if I am wrong or right or even close to your questions.

Have a great day - it's fun to run through the old mental files .....

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi Lisa - Eddie and All:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back at y'all.... But you know how slow we are from the south :lol: South Bronx that is :

Lisa - you got them all! Eddie I can think of only 2 and I think it is the first one if I am even close to correct: Is it Robert Conrad (the older heftier one) or Dom Deluise ????
I may not be even close but I do remember Robert Conrad in a show that I watched sometimes I think it was Braniff or something like that.

One more to throw in there and see if anyone gets them: What was Roy Rogers sidekicks name : the name of the car: the names of Roy and Dale Evans Horses?????

Regards to all and Again Good Goin Lisa - Anytime you want ask some trivia of your own jump right in there. Eddie Please let me know if I am wrong or right or even close to your questions.

Have a great day - it's fun to run through the old mental files .....

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Patsy et al

Robert Conrad is a good guess, but unfortunately wrong. A bigger star than that. Was Roy Roger's horse named Trigger? I don't know about Dale's horse, or the jeep.
This may be a job for Freddy C.
Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Linda Hall » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:50 pm

Well Patsy and the rest of you tv buffs I have to say you all get an A+.Patsy I told you this would be fun.Well if I recall your question Eddie about Roys horse it was Trigger.Patsy Dales was Buttercup and the dog was Bullet.Trigger was an extremely intelligent animal and adored by both the sing duo.As was Dales Buttercup and Bullet.I think the name of the car was Nellie and his side kick was Gabby Hayes and Pat Brady.Happy Trails to you until we meet again happy trails to you keep smiling on til then la de da.Patsy or any body do yu remember The Big Valley it was a western up in California do you know the brothers,mom and sisters names they were all well know.How about I dream of Jeanie.An astronaut finds her where and in what and her name was and his name was and the best friends name was?How about the Bionic Man and Woman who were they?Remember Gilligans,My friend flicka,My favorite Martian.Mork and Mindi,what did Mork always say when he was making something happen?Remember Lucky Strikes commercial with the dancing girls boxes on their body and kicking their legs.How about the Virginian and Bewitched what were their last and first names.There were mortals and warlocks too.Do you remember the moms name as well and then a second husband came into the show.Well there are so many great ones still to be discovered.I forgot in my first post mighty mouse hung out with courageous cat. O what was batmans real name as well as Robin and what was the butlers name in the show.Do you remember Charlies angels that was another good show.O what did Tonto call his friend The long ranger?
Linda Hall

Postby lisa luciano » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:05 am

hi linda
i think i have some of your answers but my head was spinning with all the memories.
BIG VALLEY- sister audra, illegimate brother heath (played by a very cute and young lee majors), brother jarrod- that's all i remember at this time.
I DREAM OF JEANIE- Major Nelson found her in a bottle on beach when he crashed, i think, his friend was Roger Healy.
BATMAN- real identy was Bruse Wayne, robin was Dick Grayson, Alfred was the butler.
BEWITCHED- Samantha's mom was Endora.
LONE RANGER- he was called "king-o-sabee"- i have no idea how that should be spelled.
i know i missed a lot but i really should start to work.
bye for now!
lisa luciano

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:17 am

Hi Eddie, Linda, Lisa and All:

You got it Eddie - correctamundo :lol: Linda - where do I begin - I will start with you finished that one off with 100% Nanu-Nanu - Didn't watch a lot of Big Valley but do remember it was Crystal from Dynasty that played the daughter Linda (something I think) . Lisa came in with a whopping bunch of answers that all looked correct to me - you go Lisa.... I was going to put in the Kemosabi or Chemosabi answer too :lol: I was glad someone beat me to it cause I didn't have a clue how to spell that one either (notice my second spelling is very in tune with todays Medical times) :oops: :lol:
O.K. I think it was Nelly Belly on the old car that kept breaking down.
LITTLE FACTOID: Did you know that Roy and Dale had both their horse upon their deaths - the horses I mean - (at least I hope it was) stuffed by a taxidermist and they kept them on their ranch premises.

Of course the Nanu-Nanu was a greeting Mork used and when he was going to zap something I think he would point and say SHAZBOT!

Darren and Samantha Stevens - Endora Mom- in- law - Tabitha Daughter - Dick York and Dick Sargent both played the rolls of Darren. Paul Lynde played her father or her uncle Arthur can't remember which one. Someone who know should clarify that one....

I am on the website and don't know how to get back to your questions so I will have to wait to answer more.

Eddie please let me know about the name of the guy you asked about I am really curious as to who he was and the name of that show...

Lisa you did great too - now you have to ask one or more..
Have a Great Weekend all.... TTYL

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park