Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

pre 70's triva questions

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:38 am

HELLO EVERYBODY,
HAVE BEEN A BIT ILL RECENTLY, SO MY MEMORY HASN'T BEEN WORKING TOO WELL. 1ST, PAUL LYNDE WAS UNCLE ARTHUR AND THEIR BABY SON WAS ADAM (PLAYED BY TWINS WHO WERE THE SONS OF ACTOR TONY CURTIS & HIS GIRLFRIEND) ON BEWITCHED. LINDA EVANS WAS THE SISTER ON BIG VALLEY & CRYSTAL ON DYNASTY. LISA DO YOU REMEMBER A SHOW WE WATCHED WITH 1 OF THE ACTORS, (RICHARD SOMETHING?) WHO PLAYED IN BIG VALLEY. HE WAS A WIDOWER (WHO WASN'T ON TV BACK THEN?) WITH 3 KIDS & JULIET MILLS PLAYED A NANNY (I BELIEVE WITH MAGICAL POWERS?)MY MOM LOVED BIG VALLEY. I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE OF BARBARA STANWYICK. I FOUND OUT YEARS LATER. SHE LIKE TO WATCH THE GOOD LOOKING ACTORS,ESPECIALLY IN TIGHT PANTS RIDING HORSES. I KNOW WE ALL CAN LOOK UP SOME OF THE ANSWERS ON GOOGLE, AS MY SON KEEPS REMINDING ME. BUT THIS IS MORE FUN. WENT BY THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD YESTERDAY. THOUGHT IT WOULD BRING BACK SOME MORE CHILDHOOD MEMORIES & MAYBE ANOTHER TRIVIA QUESTION. WILL TRY & THINK OF SOME MORE QUESTIONS. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:56 am

HI AGAIN,
JUST RECALLED THE NAME OF THE SHOW WITH JULIET MILLS. "NANNY & THE PROFESSOR". WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE DITZY AUNT ON BEWITCHED? SHE WAS AN ELDERLY ACTRESS, WHO WOULD MAKE ELEPHANTS APPEAR DURING HER SPELLS & WAS HARMLESS. WELL MY HUSBAND & SON ARE WAITING IN THE CAR FOR ME. WILL BRING PAPER & PENCIL, TO KEEP TRACK OF ANY OTHER TV MEMORIES, I MAY GET DURING THE DAY.

Postby Linda Hall » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Hello girls and guys.Marie I myself as you know had another accident took my mom to the hospital for a fall and bingo as we are about to leave I myself fall on a sign that says slippery when wet.The funny thing though it was flat on the floor.I made a landing right on my but.I survived with minor injuries on to the tv shows well my mind is turning remember Get Smart how could we have forgot him do you remember the name of his comrade and boss and who they were up against all the time.I also remember he had all sorts of fun stuff as an agent do you remember any of those.Well Lisa you were right on the money with all I loved Heath he was so cute a young Lee Majors and Audra a young Linda Evans and also Jarrod who by the way Marie Elena I think you may be thinking of Richard Long.Barbara Stanwyck naturally playing the head of the family Victoria Barkley.Nick was also a real cutie played by Peter Breck.I myself love all the westerns too.I also loved horses and till this day.I think they are magnificent creatures God made.Well Lisa dear you were on the money as were you too my sista chick Patsy.Marie I think the name of the ditzy aunt was Aunt Clara?Sort of rings a bell.Do you remember the neighbors who were always wondering what in the heck was going on in the Stephen's house.What did Samantha do when she made things happen.That is so easy.Patsy I know you can get the Get Smart one.That is an oldie but a good one he was such a jurk remember.Remember Who's the boss?How about Welcome back Cotter we all know who the famous ground hog was in that one.Come on you must remember the names of the bionic man in the show and his real name and the same for bionic woman? All the shows we had back then some real good ones!!! :wink: Eddie you know I know the answer so will decline and let someone else try it.Well me too on the way to the doc myself for more exrays :oops: Marie hope you had a nice trip down memory lane in the old neighborhood.lol CATHY M WERE ARE YOU?And the PRETTY WOVE YA BOTH.MARION MISSING YOU TOO KIDO!!!Out of here by for now
Linda Hall

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi ALL: "I'm Baaack!" :lol:

First of all Marie hope you and Richie are both on the mend.. Get well soon!
Glad you answered my Crystal-Dynasty one I knew it was Linda something but I just could not remember her last name.... Of course, now that it was said "Oh! Yeah - that's what it was" popped into my head :D
Sister Chick - AWWW! Sooo sorry about your fall keep in touch let me know how you are doing too...
Marie you answered your own question and I don't know if I would have remembered it :lol: You go girl... it's amazing how when you chew on things for a while they pop back into your head isn't it... Just when I am about to give up and admit I don't know I think of it.
But on to Linda's questions - Maxwell Smart, Agent 99 was his partner - Caos was the anti-american group they we fighting - boss's name can't dig that one out of the cob webs - but I laugh every time I remember the "Cone of Silence" and the ground breaking "shoe phone"! :lol: Talk to Lisa, Eddie, Matt, Linda, Marie, Freddie C. and all soon - again Have a Great weekend... Till next time "Same Time Same Channel".... :oops:

Nanny and the professor - loved that show too - she kind of very discreetly made things happen I don't remember if there was any signal other than the background music that let you know she was up to something... ??? I might not be correct on that one....

On the bewitched one it was Aunt Clara who was the sweet old bungler - the really mean tyrannical one that always wanted Darren and Samantha expunged :lol: was Aunt Hagatha.
Then there was Dr. Bombay (the witches personal physician) Paul Lynd was Uncle Arthur wasn't he?? I have to turn the question of the neighbors over to some one else - I remember the poor nosey woman could never catch them and the husband would always think OOPS! :oops: Just remembered something Kravitz was their last name - was it Agnes Kravitz or am I wrong??? I don't have a clue to the husband first name though so I will leave that for someonelse to pick up on...

I am having a blast remembering all these old time shows and characters that I think we all thought we would NEVER forget. Quick One for anyone whose game: Who were the two actors in the Title roll of "I Spy" and "The Man From Uncle"....

Talk to you all soon - hope Marie and Richie get well and Linda you may need to think about not walking for a while :lol: Just teasing.... Believe it or not about 4 years back Mom and I were picking my car up from the shop and she fell over a sudden step up going into the shop the sign they had posted to warn you about a sudden high curb was there but facing totally the other way. Poor Mom broke her hip on that one... but ... think God she is fine now... we too always remembered the irony of the sign warning about the hazard but being placed going the wrong direction - I told her that was because after you fall they wanted to yell at you for not stepping up in time... You gotta wonder about the purpose of sign like "Slippery when wet" being on the ground - probably there so after you fall and are lying there you will have something to read till the ambulance gets there! :roll:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby lisa luciano » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:14 pm

hi patsy
this is my last post until monday, i don't have a computer at home
I SPY- Bill Cosby and Robert Culp
MAN FROM UNCLE- David MacCallum played Illya and i can't remember who played Napolean Solo.
obviously i watched too much tv as a child. does anyone remember Dark Shadows, who were the two male leads and what were their secret problems- Marie I know you know this one, we watched together at 4pm everyday on channel 7. Also does anyone remember Lost In Space- what were the names of the family, crew and stowaway?
Have a Great Weekend!!
lisa luciano

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:03 pm

I think Napoleon Solo was Robert Vaughn. I'll wait a little while longer before I tell the star of "Man with a Camera" from the fifties in case anyone else wants to try. But I'll already give credit to Linda Hall for guessing the right answer.
Eddie Acunzo

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:28 pm

hey eddie,
i don't recall a show called "a man with a camera". so i asked some "older" friends. i was told that charles bronson of the "death wish" movies, played in this show. also some actor named jim/james something. this i got from someone who also reminded us that clint eastwood was on rawhide. please keep in mind that i am getting this info from someone else.

lisa, re: dark shadows. i can recall every character.barnabas collins, quetin, & etc. years ago, i was at a bar on the east side of manhattan. while out celebrating late 1 nite. we struck up a conversation with some old guy, who i happened to recognize as a character actor, who played small bit part in dark shadows. the elderly gentleman was so flattered. boy did we spend lots of afternoons watching that show. :wink:
I have been trying to get some help re: "get smart". agent 99, was the girlfriend/wife. don adams
was #86. his boss was always called "CHIEF". i have to give my husband rich credit for any get smart answers.

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi Eddie, Marie, Lisa, Linda and Everyone:

:) HOORAY! All the answers were correct but Eddie it is driving me crazy about your photographer one. I thought I would at least remember most of the shows on T.v. but if Marie is correct about her friend and the answers I really don't remember Charles Bronson in that roll. But I do remember that movie he was in where his wife and daughter get beat up so bad. I think the wife was Hope Lange and I know the daughter from other shows later on she was popular in some of the movies for a while but don't remember her name either.

Lisa let me see if I can remember Lost in Space Questions: 1) the family name was the Robinsons - there was of course, Will his sister Penny I forget the older sisters name there was Robby the Robot and of course, Dr. Smith (I think it was Guy Madison was the Dad and June Lockhart the Mom)... the older sister was a real pretty blonde and the co-pilot was a cutie. That is all the names that come to mind right now Lisa. Have a Good Week End and hope to talk with you on Monday... until then watch out for DANGER WILL ROBINSON - DANGER DANGER.. :lol:

I watched Dark Shadows too but not a lot. I had a part time job after school and missed a lot of that one... I do remember Barnaby and Quentin (there was something about two different time periods) was one of them a vampire or something.???

Wishing you all a great weekend. Have fun and talk to you soon....

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:03 am

Patsy

Marie Elena is right, and Linda Hall already guessed it. "Man with a Camera" starred Charles Bronson, who not too long after because the biggest box office draw in the world, because of his tremendous popularity in Europe and Asia, besides the USA. He was also a big hit in some of the biggest blockbuster movies of the fifties and sixties. Many people don't realize how many he was in: Magnificent Seven, Dirty Dozen, Great Escape and others that I can't think of right now, maybe other people can mention other big buddy movies he was in. Also he starred in the the vigilante NY killer movie series previously referred to.
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Eddie, Marie and Everyone:

That was fun! I enjoy those trips down memory lane. I think I saw every one of Bronson's vigilante movies. The one I enjoyed a lot after the first one was either the last or close to the last when the special effects got even better. The one where he was training a replacement???

Who played the role of that replacement ???

Does anyone remember Dobie Gillis - what was the name of his crazy friend who later had a starring role in his own show with Ed Begley Sr. and Tina Louise. Name the show Dobie's sidekick later had the starring role in.

Name the show that highlighted the talents of " The Lennon Sisters"

Ed Sullivan at first did not want to let Elvis perform on his show because of his "unacceptable for family variety show gyrations" - name the show that did allow Elvis and later on forced Ed to rethink his stand because of the fantastic ratings this other variety show got for letting Elvis perform (with great modifications - to the uproar of his teen fans who felt Elvis was caving to the media)...

Name one of the earliest variety shows on the air (it was aired unusually in the mornings) but had great popularity. The Host of the show was a little bit older than most late nite T.V. hosts at the time but the show aired for quite a few years. (I'll give you a hint the State he seemed to love and focus on was not a State at the time)...

Have fun over the weekend all andn TTYL

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Doby's sidekick was Maynard G. Krebbs, the beatnik, later known as Gilligan on Gilligan's Island. I don't remember his real name!
Eddie Acunzo

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:20 pm

HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER?

PATSY, I HAVE TO HELP YOU OUT WITH CHARLES BRONSON MOVIE. IT WAS CALLED "THE MECHANIC". I HAD A BIG CRUSH ON JAN MICHAEL VINCENT (AND KURT RUSSELL-IT'S A DISNEY THING) SO I HAVE SEEN THAT MOVIE. JAN MICHAEL VINCENT HAD A TV SHOW FOR A SHORT TIME IN THE 80'S. I LOVED THE MUSIC IN IT. BUT DO TO HIS "HABITS" & POOR RATINGS, THE SHOW DIDN'T LAST VERY LONG? ITS NOT A PRE-70 SHOW, BUT DOES ANYONE OTHER THAN ME KNOW THE NAME OF THE SHOW & JAN MICHAEL'S CHARACTER'S NAME?ALSO THE REASON WHY IT'S 1 OF MY FAVORITES. I AM PRETTY GOOD W/ GUESSING ENDINGS OF MOVIES. THIS ONE JUST BLEW ME AWAY. HAHA. CHARLES BRONSON WAS IN A LOT OF GREAT MOVIES. BUT THE 1 THING I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER ABOUT HIM, IS HOW HE DIDN'T HIDE BACK HIS EMOTIONS WHEN HIS WIFE JILL IRELAND, DIED.

EDDIE, AS FAR AS DOBBY/GILLIGAN. HIS NAME WAS BOB DENVER.
HAVE A GREAT NITE. AM OFF TO GRILL DINNER.

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:08 am

Hi Eddie and Marie Elena and All:

Yup! Eddie good job Maynard G. Krebbs - and Marie Elena got the Bob Denver part. It was of course, Gilligan's Island.. :)

Well, Marie Elena we must have the same taste in men. I had such a crush on Jan Michael Vincent for so long. My husband hated that I did. He used to call him that skinny little creep. (He turned out to be right of course - he was a wife beater too) So sad... BUT the name of show he was in was Airwolf - I think. And guess who else I had a crush on Kurt Russell :lol: Here are a few more I always adored some old and some new and would love to know if you knew them - Jeffrey Hunter - Mel Gibson - LOVED Errol Flynn when I was younger (pre-teen years). Cary Grant to this day I liked him. Sorry getting off the subject on a tangent :wink:

Good job Eddie now it is your turn again. I just couldn't come up with the right answer on yours. But, I loved trying to remember and think about it....

Marie - Are you saying the movie I remembered was not part of the vigilante series??? Was it it's own separate movie?? Or was just not titled the same but was part of it??? I think you know the movie I meant just from your description. Good Job with the Bob Denver part of my question...

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. We have two birthday celebrations at my house tomorrow and I should be in bed cause I will have to have a big Italian meal ready when everyone comes over....

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby JohnTell » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 am

What did the initial "G" stand for in Maynard G. Krebbs...?

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Hi John:

I think you got me there. I don't remember that one at all.... I hope someone else does and if they don't you gotta share :lol:

See if you can remember the question asked about our last States that came in to the union.
You usually come up with all these - hope you get that one... It was in regards to the host of a show that had a particular fettish towards that one state. It was an oldie - you may or may not get... BUT I have faith in you kiddo :wink:

Now I wish I knew the answer to yours.... :oops:

Say Hi to Annie for me - I have recently been in touch with Tommy and Laura and ever got to speak with Laura on the phone. Our lives have seemed to paralell one another in a lot of ways just as they are very different.

Regards at home to Annie and family.

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park