Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 am

Judy,

You are correct!!!! The Adventures of Crusader Rabbit with Rags the tiger was what I was looking for. Good job.

Jimmy
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:36 am

Oh yeah, the villain was "Dudley Nightshade".

Jimmy
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am

Patsy,

I believe you are talking about "Route 66" which starred Martin Milner and George Maharis.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Patsy,

I think I got your question, so here is another one. "The Abbott and Costello Show" had many unforgettable characters. Mike the cop, Stinky and Mr Fields to name a few. Lets' see who can remember some others. What was Costellos' pet chimpanzees' name and where was he from. Who was the street vendor usually selling fruits and vegetables. (the famous one bananna two banana skit). What famous brothers (boxers) had cameo roles in many episodes.

Oh and Patsy, I think the RTE 66 names in the show were Todd and Buzz.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:53 pm

Jimmy

Was it Mister Bochigallupe?

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Eddie,

Correct! Mr. Bacchigalupe was the street vendor. Any guesses on the Chimps name or the famous brothers? Hint the more famous brother played Hilliarys' boy friend and was a key character in a recent movie about boxing.

Jimmy Carolan

PS. I was just talking to Cathy Merindino about more old TV shows and trivia and am astounded on what menuchia the mind can retain. More useless info to follow.
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:24 pm

OK folks here is some more TV Trivia. Harry Morgan who played Colonel Potter on "Mash", had been in several prevoius TV series. He played Joe Friday's partner on "Dragnet". Prior to "Dragnet" he was in 2 other series. One was a spin of of the other. Hint, the spin off was named after a "couple. What was the original series and the spin off it generated.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Cathy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:19 pm

Does anyone remember a teenage soap opera type series which aired in 1965-66? It was on weekdays right after school, and it was about teenagers living in California...always at the beach, that type of thing. One of the stars had also been a star of a very popular family show years before and I believe his brother in that show is currently on broadway. So, tell me the name of the teenage show and the name of the actor.

Cheers,
Cathy
Cathy

Postby JohnTell » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:34 pm

Jimmy...glad to see you back on the boards... :D

How about Pete & Gladys...

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:13 pm

John Thomas,

You got part of it. Pete & Gladys is the spinoff series which was spawned by another show starring "Spring Byington". Great job. Nobody seems to be biting on my Abbott and Costello questions other than Eddies "Mr Bacchigalupe" post. So here are the answers. "Bingo" the chimp was from "The Belgian Congo" now called "Zaire". The famous boxing brothers were Max and Buddy Baer. Max a former World Champion (Cinderella Man) played Hilliary's boy friend.

Thanks for the kind words, getting back to normal.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Judy, Eddie, Cathy, John T., Jimmy and All,

I didn't get a chance to get on these. I was doing a grandma thing all weekend with a new baby and am exhausted. NEW BABIES DON'T SLEEP :lol: Mema's do and they need their sleep to be able to have at least one intelligent thought :D

O.K. Jimmy - I would have gotten the Mr. Bochagaloup - remembered Hillary and Stinky (Oh! I hate you - I'm gonna hit you sooo hard)... :lol: I could not remember the boxers the chimp I don't think I would have gotten right anyway but maybe if I shook some cobwebs I would have come up with just the chimps name - Great Memory Jimmy on the details there of the boxers etc.

As far as the Pete and Glady's question was it DECEMBER BRIDE - SPINOFF :?:
:oops: Sorry Jimmy - Of course you were right with the Route 66 one. Has no one come up with my series that pre-dated Hazel and was about a maid who looked a lot like Mrs. Butterworth on the Pancake Syrup and Aunt Jemimah on the Pancake mix box... Can't give a better hint than that one... :wink:

Cathy - I am going to think on yours about the California teenage show about surfin - all I can think of is 77 Sunset Strip - or - Kookie, Kookie Lend me your comb... :lol:

NAME THE EARLIEST MOVIE YOU CAN REMEMBER STEVE MCQUEEN HAVING A STARRING ROLE IN........ Hint: This movie is FROZEN in time....

Can anyone name another really old series that came on on I believe sunday evenings about a very poor Norwegian Family whose daughter became a famous writer and the series would be told each week through the view point of this daughter - Name the show and the daughter's name...

It is truly amazing all the senseless facts our brains can spill out here on old T.V. shows but ask me why I came into a room five minutes ago and I have brain freeze... Is this what getting older means.... HECK ... I Will Think About that Tomorrow At Tara... :lol:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Judy, Eddie, Cathy, John T., Jimmy and All,

I didn't get a chance to get on these. I was doing a grandma thing all weekend with a new baby and am exhausted. NEW BABIES DON'T SLEEP :lol: Mema's do and they need their sleep to be able to have at least one intelligent thought :D

O.K. Jimmy - I would have gotten the Mr. Bochagaloup - remembered Hillary and Stinky (Oh! I hate you - I'm gonna hit you sooo hard)... :lol: I could not remember the boxers the chimp I don't think I would have gotten right anyway but maybe if I shook some cobwebs I would have come up with just the chimps name - Great Memory Jimmy on the details there of the boxers etc.

As far as the Pete and Glady's question was it DECEMBER BRIDE - SPINOFF :?:
:oops: Sorry Jimmy - Of course you were right with the Route 66 one. Has no one come up with my series that pre-dated Hazel and was about a maid who looked a lot like Mrs. Butterworth on the Pancake Syrup and Aunt Jemimah on the Pancake mix box... Can't give a better hint than that one... :wink:

Cathy - I am going to think on yours about the California teenage show about surfin - all I can think of is 77 Sunset Strip - or - Kookie, Kookie Lend me your comb... :lol:

NAME THE EARLIEST MOVIE YOU CAN REMEMBER STEVE MCQUEEN HAVING A STARRING ROLE IN........ Hint: This movie is FROZEN in time....

Can anyone name another really old series that came on on I believe sunday evenings about a very poor Norwegian Family whose daughter became a famous writer and the series would be told each week through the view point of this daughter - Name the show and the daughter's name...

It is truly amazing all the senseless facts our brains can spill out here on old T.V. shows but ask me why I came into a room five minutes ago and I have brain freeze... Is this what getting older means.... HECK ... I Will Think About that Tomorrow At Tara... :lol:

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Cathy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Patty,

Inger Stevens comes to mind, but I don't remember much else about the show. Am I on the right track?

Cheers to all,
Cathy
Cathy

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Cathy and All,

No Inger Stevens is not the one I was going for. But good guess - boy that name is a blast from the past. She was sooo very pretty and soft spoken - I used to watch anything she was in. What a sad day when she took her own life.

No - the series I am going for was even before that - the first time I recall seeing it I still lived downtown on East l39th Street on my grandma's little tiny black and white T.V. I moved to Beach Ave. at age 6 so this series was on before that. I was born in 1949 so the series had to pre-date 1955 when it started. WOW WOW even I didn't realize how far back this series was. :roll:

Cathy was I right on my December Bride guess??? Is that what you were going for.... :?:

ALSO NEW QUESTION TO ADD TO THE LIST: John T. you have a challenger with Jimmy he
is good at these oldies too :lol: I meant to tell you great job with Route 66 Jimmy - I remembered everything on that one except George Maharis and Martin Milners names in the series... Good Job Jimmy...

There was a series on in the afternoons called " The ____ ____ Theatre" - the name of the show is missing because it was a big female star at the time. She too was gorgeous but she was very popular in late 30's through the 40's and into the 50's.... HINT: She had an affair with Clark Gable and had his love child a daughter. This was a big secret until recent years.

I would love a new challenge - sorry I was so late on the last question Jimmy - but - I would not have gotten them all anyway - Eddie was fast on the draw with the Mr. Bochagaloup :D
Good Job Eddie...

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:41 pm

Patsy,

My guess is "Beulah" which starred Ethel Waters as a housekeeper. Also the "Loretta Young" Theatre was the other show you mentioned. Yes "December Bride" was the show that preceded Pete and Gladys which starred Harry Morgan. Good job!!!!

Oh yeah "The Blob" starred Steve McQueen.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park