Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby JohnTell » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:21 am

Pat...could the answer be Arthur Godfrey...

I'm sure Frannie Donnelly knew that one... :D

And believe it or not, the "G" in Maynards' name stood for "WALTER"!!!

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:21 am

Hi John:

Yup! You got it - it was Arthur Godfrey :lol: That was an oldie ! Do you remember him with Hawaiian Shirts and his Ukelaile (might have spelled that one wrong - but I think you get my drift) :D Don't know if you remember my father and his Hawaiian shirts - boy did he love those shirts. Guess what he always got for Father's Day and his Birthdays :lol:

That is a riot G. - Stood For Walter??? Can you explain that one or did they ever explain that one on the show??? :roll:

See if you or Franny remember the Lennon Sisters and the Elvis question..... :wink:

What singing duo gained popularity (had their own show too) singing "Mariah".....
ONE MORE OLDIE OLDIE OLDIE for you and ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ANSWER....
What T.V. serial show came on early in the morning and had a maid who looked a lot like
Mrs. Butterworth on the pancake syrup bottle ? ? ? ? NOT HAZEL came just before Hazel though. :roll:
Have fun and send me some more trivia toughies :oops: That I can not know the answer to :lol:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm

hey patsy,
the question about the last 2 states that joined the union. are you talking about "Hawaii 5-0". also the singing brother, were you thinking the smother brothers? did you know that dick smothers son (dick smothers jr.) is a ~~ star.uses his real name too. have no idea about doby gillis. my brother pat use to talk about that & a show called "our miss brooks". both a bit before my time. asked my neighbor what the "g" stood for on doby gillis. but he couldn't recall. am so glad that "wcbs" radio station is back. i love singing to the oldies. i can remember american bandstand, even as a small kid. cause my sister had to keep up with the latest records. the 1 show i hated every week growing up was "mutual of omaha's wild kingdom".
we had a color tv in the liv room. mom & my brother had to watch this show every sunday at 7 p.m. which was the same time as "the wonderful world of disney". we weren't allowed to watch the dating game or "all in the family", because mom thought these shows were too "~~" or raunchy. i missed out on a lot of cartoons too. thank goodnes for lisa luciano. at her house i got to read all the comic books & watch cartoons. best of all was our favorite "dark shadows". well good nite to all.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 am

Hi Marie:

First off the first two answers you gave John T. got - which was The Arthur Godfrey Show - the state he seemed to be crazy about WAS Hawaii - good guess on the Hawaii 5 0 though.

I won't give the the singing brothers answer but the one I was going for was not the Smothers Bros. This one was a few years before them....

:lol: I didn't know about Tommy Smothers - DOM (dirty old man :lol: ) but it doesn't surprise me that is for sure.

I did watch our Miss Brooks too.

My Dad used to watch Wild Kingdom every so often but not a lot. Aren't our kids so spoiled having more than one T.V. :lol: I guess it is memories like missing Disney that made us want to be sure our kids have their own T.V.'s. Amazing how we managed with one T.V. and one bathroom :lol:

I left out the answer just in case someone else wants to come up with an answer.

We were so lucky to have our friends so close to us that we could just run next door or down the street and get away with watching what we wanted and reading what we wanted :lol:

You two were lucky to have one another for the Dark Shadows - that one was really done well and very creepy.

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:03 am

Hi Marie:

First off the first two answers you gave John T. got - which was The Arthur Godfrey Show - the state he seemed to be crazy about WAS Hawaii - good guess on the Hawaii 5 0 though.

I won't give the the singing brothers answer but the one I was going for was not the Smothers Bros. This one was a few years before them....

:lol: I didn't know about Tommy Smothers - DOM (dirty old man :lol: ) but it doesn't surprise me that is for sure.

I did watch our Miss Brooks too.

My Dad used to watch Wild Kingdom every so often but not a lot. Aren't our kids so spoiled having more than one T.V. :lol: I guess it is memories like missing Disney that made us want to be sure our kids have their own T.V.'s. Amazing how we managed with one T.V. and one bathroom :lol:

I left out the answer just in case someone else wants to come up with an answer.

We were so lucky to have our friends so close to us that we could just run next door or down the street and get away with watching what we wanted and reading what we wanted :lol:

You two were lucky to have one another for the Dark Shadows - that one was really done well and very creepy.

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

70's Trivia

Postby Dorothy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi everyone- The Lennon Sisters were on the Lawrence Welk show. My one uncle thought I looked like the youngest sister. I think her name is Janet.
Dorothy

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi Dorothy:

Welcome to our Trivia Game - please feel free to come up with any challenges you can think of at any time... I am not so good at this but there are some real sharpies playing here (by that I mean they are younger quicker do not have CRS ) :lol:

You are correct about the Lennon Sisters being featured on Lawrence Welk almost every weekend that I can recall and for a very long time. You are also correct about Janet being the youngest. I was thumbing through a magazine a few years back (last 8 years or so) and they had a feature article on the girls today. I believe one had passed but there was an even younger sister than Janet and they kind of pulled her into the singing group.
I remember sitting and watching this on my Grandma little black and white T.V. at about 5 or 6 years old. :D Brings back some fond memories - How about you???

Linda I am so sorry I did not mean to ignore your question on "Welcome Back Kotter" it just kind of got lost in the shuffle some how but here goes.
The famous personality on that show was "John Travolta" and Gabriel Kaplan played their teacher "Mr. Kot - ter" :lol: Their was also Arnold Horshack (I forget who played that roll but he was so funny). Feel better my Linda Bird - hope you and your Mom are both on the mend. :wink:

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Hello to All,

I have another bit of TV trivia. All of us who grew up in the 50' and 60's may remember early saturday morning TV had its' limitations. The "Modern Farmer" and "Davy and Goliath" for example. My question involves a cartoon starring an animal duo and a evil villain. Can anyone name the show and the 3 main characters?

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:56 pm

hey jimmy,
love yor question. my mom didn't allow me to watch too many cartoons. but i am going to try & guess this. could you be thinking about "bulwinkle" (not sure of the spelling) & his sidekick rocky the squirrel. the bad guys were boris & natasha.
many years ago, i went to a costume party, dressed as natasha. my russian accent got better as i got drunker.
have a great nite...marie
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:32 pm

Marie-Elena,

Sorry, It is not Rocky and Bullwinkle, Boris Baddanoff and Natasha. This cartoon was on around 7:00AM Saturday mornings.
But good guess.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Jimmy:

I am trying to answer your question and think I might have it but :oops: CRS IS WINNING AGAIN!
Was it the one with the Canadian Mounted Police and Little Nell and the villain was always tieing Nell to the railroad tracks and she would be saved by the Mountie (whose horse was kind of a smark aleck to him)... :lol:

Marie I did think of Bullwinkle and Rocky first also but since I read you were wrong this was the one I came up with. I know this was on early and for the life of me I can't remember the title and all the names but hope I have given someonelse enough of a hint to get the rest of it. :wink:

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Judy S » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Hi ALL, just a guess at the cartoon show, possibly Crusader Rabbit and his side kick Rags? Also a note to my brother Tom, why aren't you answering these trivia questions, you have more useless knowledge than I do..... :lol: love ya !
Judy S

Postby Judy S » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:24 am

Patsy,

I think the cartoon you are thinking of was Dudley D0-Right and the villian was Sindely Whiplash, however they were not an animal duo......It amazes me tat I cam remember this and somedays I can't remember my name! :lol:
Judy
Judy S

Postby Linda Hall » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:09 am

Good morning Jimmy you have us all thinking here I most certainly remember Davey and his friend Goliath.Davey was the little boy and his friend was a horse.I loved that show it was usually on Sun.morning. They were made like a Gumby figure.I love the way they made them move it was really cool to watch and the story line was very cute always to do good things.Well the only other duo I can remember is Wile coyote and the Road Runner and they were not a duo.Coyote was always going after the road runner to kill him and I remember the Road Runner saying,"beep beep"so it could not be them but I do remember another but it does not fit Elmer Fudd in his hunting gear with hat and riffle.He would also try and kill bugs.I do remember the cartoons sometimes mixing up these guys.I mean they would be on each others show.I remember Coyote with the bugs sometimes but again they were not a duo.We need our professional on the case and that would for sure be our Patsy to the rescue. Could it be Daffy duck and bugs just some wild guesses.When I think of it the cartoons were so violent.Things falling on heads getting hit with stuff,running into walls,blowing each other up.All sorts of crazy stuff. :wink:I remember Elmer always saying,"you silly wabbit",and bugs always eating a carrot when he got away and tapping his long legs and feet.He would sit so smug and happy he got the Fudd all messed up.
Linda Hall

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:36 am

Hi Jimmy, Judy and Linda and All:

Judy thanks so much for your help with my Mountie Problem - I didn't read Jim's question correctly - I am sorry Jimmy I did not see the ANIMAL part of your duo. Dudley Dooright and Nell and Snidley Whiplash - GREAT JOB JUDY- that was stuck in the cob webs of my brain and I just could not pull it out :lol:

Boy! I do remember Cruscader Rabbit and Rags. Jimmy :?: I am not sure but I would bet that Judy is correct on that one... PLEASE let us know and Judy if your brother is good at these we are going to have to call him in on this one UNLESS JIMMY let's us know you are correct on Cruscader and Rags. There was also an animal duo that came on early Sat. morning called Ruff & Ready "Here's Ruff here's Ready their always tough and steady"
that was part of their theme song. But I am leaning towards your answer Judy.

Linda - Hi - I too watched and loved Davey and Goliath and that was on right up until my first child (Tricia was little and she too watched it)... Linda I also remember the cartoons with Bugs - Daffy - Fog Horn Leghorn - the Road Runner - Pepe La Pew etc. They were the best and man they sure were violent :lol:

What strikes me sooo funny with all this remembering Trivia stuff is how clearly it does come back when you finally do remember it :lol: Judy sometimes I have to stop and think when people ask me my own phone number :lol:

I leave you all with one more challenge in case Judy has answered Jimmy's and I await a new one from anyone who can think of one :D

This one is there was a show on I believe either Fri. or Sat. nites way back when and it was a duo (won't say if it was male or female or mixed duo) but they traveled around the country kinda trouble shooting and helping people the name of the show had a road name in it... Name the show and if you get that name the two lead people in it either by their acting names or by their names in the show if you are really good.

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park