Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby Judy S » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Ok, how about Robert Conrad and Troy Donahue for the male actors in Hawaiian Eye.....The cast in The Misfits...Clark Gable,Marilyn Monroe,Montgomery Clift,Thelma Ritter, and Eli Wallach. Last but not least, The Cisco Kid was the tv show with the tag line "Oh, Cisco!" "Oh, Pancho!".........Now what were the names of their horses? Hope all re well.

Judy
Judy S

Postby JohnTell » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Judy...was one of the horses "DIABLO"?

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Judy S » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:08 am

JohnT.....You are correct, now what is the name of the other horse? Also what actor had his first continuing role as the captain on the show "Riverboat"? You know it amazes me that I can remenber all this useless info but when I want one of my kids or grandkids I have to go thru all the name til I get to the one I want...

Judy 8)
Judy S

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi Judy S., John T., AND ALL:

So Judy - it was Troy Donahue :oops: That's who I was thinking of when I said Tab Hunter :lol:

Yes it was "The Cisco Kid" and his side kick Poncho.... :D

Great Job John T. with the horses name.

Judy I vaguely remember the show you are referring to but too vaguely to be able to answer your question... I am stumped again....

BUT As usual I will add 1 more challenge to the mix as we wait to see if someone answers your Riverboat question - :twisted:

What Actor played the lead role in Daniel Boone on the T.V. series and what was his wife's name in the show and his side kick HINT: Sidekick was half white / half cherokee and was educated at Oxford - what was his name too.

I will rack my brain to see if I can come up with your show Judy.... KNOW HOW YOU FEEL - If I don't write everything down I will remember nothing and yet sometimes these old shows come flooding in to my brain and can't get rid of them.....

John T. and Jimmy - You two are good at this :!:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Judy S » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Patsy,

This one is too easy, Fess Parker was Daniel Boone, his wife's name was Rebecca and side kick was Mingo.......what was hisw son's name?

Judy
Judy S

Postby JohnTell » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:29 am

Judy...you are the best...I can see now where Tommy gets his info from... :D ...

But what was the other horses name?

JohnTell

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:52 am

Hi All:

Judy you are too good for me :D Is this Judy (Anderson) S. if it is HI JUDY
How the heck are you???

I agree with John T. what was the other horse's name?

I really do not remember the first son's name... You do have a fantastic memory Judy... If I remember correctly Rebecca (Becka) and Dan had like 3 4 or 5 kids before the series finished... :lol:

You are very very good at this - Jimmy and John T. you have a new very good challenger :wink:

Judy challenge us some more :idea: :!: You can really come up with those oldies....

I have one more... Not Too hard if you get it right away... Who said in what movie " I have taken all I can take and I ain't gonna take no more"... :?: :roll:

Sorry guys just realized I may have broken a rule here forgive me if I did this movie may have come after 1970 if so :? I won't do it again- my memory fails me in the time periods some times (o.k. a lot times :lol: )

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:10 am

Judy, Patsy, John et al,

I was gone for a few days and most of the questions get answered. "Loco" was Pancho's horses' name. Judy, kudos' on the "Hawaiin Eye" answers of Robert Conrad and Troy Donahue. The other leading man was Grant Williams later portraying the "Green Hornet" with sidekick Bruce Lee. The horse question got me thinking so here is some more. Some easy some more difficult . What are the names of the following character's horse's.

Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Lone Ranger, Tonto, Gene Autry, Zorro and Hopalong Cassidy

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:12 am

Patsy,

Might it be Peter Finch in "Network"

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Tom Anderson » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:10 pm

Judy Riverboat Captain is/was Darren Mcgavin in his pre Kolchak days

Jimmy Trigger, Buttermilk, Silver, Scout, Champion, Tornado & Topper.

As a follow up "What were Roy Rogers & Hopalong Cassidy's real names and who was the richest cowboy/cowgirl from their western days. The answer is not Gene Autry
Tom Anderson

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:05 pm

Tommy,

You know your horses, correct on all counts. William Boyd played Hopalong Cassidy. As for Roy Rogers real name HELP!!!!

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Judy S » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi All,

Jimmy, you are correct..Loco was the other horse. Patsy.....Issac was Daniel and Becka's first son. Tom, glad to see you finally joined in :D Leonard Slye was Roy Rogers real name, and just a guess...is Audie Murphy the answer to the richest cowboy?

Judy
Judy S

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi Judy, Jimmy, John T. and a blast from the past Tommy:

Judy your memory is sooo much better than mine :( I totally confused Tab Hunter and Troy Donahue :oops: and blanked out on Daniel Boone and Rebecca's son Isaac. Great Job by the way....

Jimmy you are correct in your Peter Finch and Network answer - as usual. John T. way to go again - I remembered most of the horse's names (with the exception of the last one) and for some reason I was thinking Buttercup for Dale's horse instead of Buttermilk..... I must have been thinking of that song from "3 Amigos" My Buttercup La La La :roll:

Hey Tommy glad to see you come out of the woodwork... You guys are all getting way too good for me..... but I am going to jump in now and again :lol: just to try and get over my email shyness :wink: with a question or two to see if I can stump anyone.... but again I would love to see the answers to the richest Cowboy/Cowgirl....

Keep those questions coming ........ never know when even I might answer one fast and correctly :lol:

O.K. I can't resist "Can anyone name the Movie (circa late 50's to early 60's) starring Gregory Peck and it was about the cloning of a famous figure in history. Name the movie and the person in history....

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby JohnTell » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:00 am

"...I was thinking Buttercup for Dale's horse instead of Buttermilk..... "

Patsy, what TV character was also known as "Buttercup"... :D

JohnTell

Postby Judy S » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 am

Patsy,

I think the movie was "Boys from Brazil" and the figure was Hitler, but I think it didn
t come out til the late 70's.

Judy
Judy S

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park