Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Cathy, Patsy,

This is addictive and I really should get back to work. Inger Stevens starred in "The Farmers Daughter, another housekeeper / nanny show. Cathy, your teenage beach show and Patsy, your norwegian family show are drawing blanks. I know it is not 77 Sunset Strip because that was on in the evening. It also had a "sister" show "Hawaian Eye". Kookie was a heart throb played by Ed Burns. Can anyone name any of the other characters and the actors who played them? One of them married a much more famous person later on.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:44 pm

Cathy,

I heard from Kathleen Kelly in North Carolina regarding your teen beach show. Her guess is "Never Too Young".

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Cathy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Kathleen Kelly is absolutely right! Now, Kathleen, why didn't you just write in? Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) was one of the stars. I loved the show, but it was definitely a teenage girl's show, so I didn't expect any of you men to get it.

Jimmy, Pat seemed to have a good memory for this type of stuff. How about getting her to submit something?

Cheers to all,
Cathy
Cathy

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi Jimmy and All:

You are just too good at this 8) Mr. Cool :lol: Correct on the Beulah and others. After I wrote the hint on the Steve McQueen one I said well that was a dumb hint.. :D

Okay here's one that is truly another oldie : Name the Cowboy duo (not western) that was on every nite and they both wore black and silver and had the same tag line in each show
Oh! ______ Oh! _____. The person that gets this answer has to leave another question when they are done so go for it..

One more: What Spoof Movie became more popular than they ever thought it would.
Give the name of the Movie and the person they were spoofing - I will give the hint of some of the stars in it (but not all) Janet Leigh - Maureen Stapleton and that's all folks!!

Great Job Jimmy - I wasn't sure if you would get the Beulah one - that was reaching back.
Still waiting to see if anyone can come up with my question on the series (real old one) -
About a Norwegian family who immigrated to america and the stories are all told from the viewpoint of their daughter who wants to become a writer (and does at the end of the series). Name the Series and the Daughter :?:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Cathy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Patty,

Was it I Remember Mama or something like that?

Cathy
Cathy

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:19 pm

HELLO JIMMY & MY OTHER TRIVIA BUDDIES,

HAVE NOT BEEN ON FOR A LITTLE BIT. UNLIKE PATSY WHO HAS BEEN BLESSED WITH A NEW GRANDCHILD. I HAVE BEEN GETTING MY KIDS READY FOR COLLEGE & STUFF.
SO HERE IS MY ANSWER TO JIMMY'S QUESTION, RE: "77 SUNSET STRIP". I ATTEMPTED TO POST THIS ALREADY. BUT AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS SITE TODAY.

"77 SUNSET STRIP"- EFRIM ZIMBERLIST (FORGIVE ANY INCORRECT SPELLING) AND ROGER SMITH WHO MARRIED ANN-MARAGARET. MY MOM HAD A BIG CRUSH ON ROGER SMITH. SO WE USE TO WATCH THIS SHOW. WHEN I ONCE EXPLAINED ABOUT OLD SHOWS ON NICK AT NITE, TO MOM.SHE ASKED ABOUT "77 SUNSET STRIP". THATS HOW MUCH SHE LOVED THAT SHOW. WILL ASK MY FRIEND ABOUT THE "I REMEMBER MAMA" SHOW. I KNOW IT WAS A MOVIE & A RADIO SHOW TOO, I THINK!
LOVE MARIE-ELENA
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Marie-Elena,

You are correct with Efrem Zimbalist Jr. and Roger Smith ( who married Ann-Margaret). Any guesses on the "Hawaiin Eye" cast members. Hint, one was a young blonde female nightclub singer and another a male blonde "heart throb".

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Cathy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Jimmy,

I remember Cricket (Connie Stevens) from Hawaian Eye. Give another hint about the male heartthrob.

Cathy
Cathy

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 pm

Hi Jimmy, Marie, Cathy and All:

You guys beat me to it again this time - I was going to say Roger Smith (Hunk) married to Ann Margaret but Marie you beat me to it... :lol:

Jimmy was good he got the Beulah answer and Yes - Cathy good job " I Remember Mama" was the one with the Norwegian Family and Dagma was the writing daughter. Jimmy the male lead in Hawaiian Eye was that Tab Hunter :?: I know Cathy was right on the Connie Stevens answer it was she who played cricket.

Everybody is shaking those cobwebs loose and gettin soooo good here :!: :lol:

Still to come my question on the name of the show with the two cowboys (not westerns) who wore black and silver and the tag line said every week in the show was
OOOH! _______ OOOH! ________. this was an oldie and a cheapy such a cheapy that you could actually see when the film reels were switching the T.V. would flicker :roll:

Good Job Kathleen Kelly why not join us. Even if it is just to throw us a hard question.

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Re: Pre 70's trivia game

Postby nick drewes » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:26 am

The Honeymoonerswere 1st. It started out as a short part of the Jackie Gleason show. Then it became a T.V. show. The Flintstones came later.
Love to all :roll:
nick drewes

The Honeymooners were 1st. It started out as a short part of the Jackie Gleason show. Then it became a T.V. show. The Flintstones came later.
nick drewes

The Honeymooners were 1st. It started out as a short part of the Jackie Gleason show. Then it became a T.V. show. The Flintstones came later.
nick drewes

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:37 am

HELLO FRIENDS,
I CHECKED WITH MY "OLDER" FRIEND, WHO IS A MOVIE/T.V. BUFF, BECAUSE HE HAD FAMILY MEMBERS WHO WORKED IN THE BUSINESS. SO I ASKED ABOUT "I REMEMBER MAMA". HE SAID IT WAS A T.V. SHOW, FOR A SHORT TIME AND THAT HIS AUNT DID SOME OF THE SEWING FOR THEIR COSTUMES. BUT HE DOESN'T REMEMBER ANY FAMOUS ACTRESS, IN THE SHOW. SO SORRY, I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN OF MORE HELP. I LOVE LISTENING TO HIS STORIES.
WILL ASK MY BROTHER JUNIOR/VINCE ABOUT COWBOY QUESTION, WHEN I CALL HIM FOR HIS 64TH BIRTHDAY ON THUR.
REGARDING TO THE STORY ABOUT LORETTA YOUNG & CLARK CABLES "LOVE CHILD", I HEARD THAT STORY FROM MY MOM. SHE SAID THAT LORETTA YOUNG WAS A RELIGIOUS WOMAN, SO SHE WAS VERY SECRETIVE ABOUT HER DAUGHTER. CLARK GABLE DID HAVE A SON WHO WAS BORN A FEW MONTHS AFTER HE DIED OF A HEART ATTACK. WHAT WAS CLARK GABLE'S LAST MOVIE? 2 OTHER STARS IN THIS MOVIE, DID LIVE IN THEIR 60'S LIKE HE DID. NAME THEM TOO.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:45 am

Cathy,

Correct, Connie Stevens played "Cricket" the night club singer. There were several "leading men" however; Tab Hunter was not one of them. You are close though here is a hint, a recent Brad Pitt movie title is his first name.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Hey Nick, Marie, Cathy & Jimmy:

You are correct Nick on the Flintstones one - Honeymooners did come first with Jackie Gleason and Audrey Meadows. Good Job...

Marie - You are correct on the "I remember Mama" answer. The rest of the question was not who was a famous star but was what was the name of the daughter by whose perspective the stories were being told each week. The daughter that was the writer - Her name was Dagma.

Also I think I can answer some of your other question Marie. The name of the movie that was half done when Clark Gable died was "The Misfits" and I know Marilyn Monroe was one of the stars. I defer to someonelse to answer the others because I just don't remember. Not just a cobweb - I usually hit a brick wall. I have hit one here :oops:

Jimmy I am trying to rack my brain for the male lead of the the show and I just can't remember who it was. I am thinking possibly Young Jack Lord or Roger Smith :?:
I am going to need another hint if those two are both wrong. I guess Roger Smith because of Brad Pitts movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith??

ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN HELP WITH THESE - Please join us - I cannot think of another person it could be. I thought it might be Tab Hunter but now I remember Connie Steven and Tab Hunter were paired more with the new Technicolor Movie Genre of the time. :D
Good one Jimmy I await to see who gets it as well as who it is for sure...

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park