Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:47 am

Hi John T. - Judy - Tommy - Jimmy - Marie - Cathy - Linda - Eddie - Nick - Freddy C. - Dorothy and anyone else I have missed : :D

John T. I am going to just guess on your question of Buttercup - wasn't she a cow that came on Howdy Doody every once in a while along with Phineas T. Bluster :?: I may be wrong :oops: but the cow part seems to pop up in my head.. :roll: along with a whole lot of other useless information :wink:

Judy - You are correct "The Boys from Brazil" or of Brazil is correct and it was Adolf Hitler whom they cloned. That was one movie I almost didn't watch because I thought it would be slow and boring - it was anything but...
SOOOO SORRY - Once again I seemed to have slipped out of our time limit.

Tommy I am still waiting to hear the richest Cowboy/girl in Westerns. I am also going to throw in a guess. How about "Clint Eastwood" who started out his career big time in Westerns. Rawhide "Rowdy Yates" and the Fist Full of Dollars type movies, etc. They had to make him some big bucks...

You guys are all sooo good at this I am afraid to ask questions :lol: :wink:
but I think you can see being afraid doesn't seem to stop me :P

All right here is another old movie question (Cathy will definitely get this one :lol: ). This movie is an oldie late 50's early 60's.... It was made in England at Pinewood Studios and it was a Sci-fi oldie about a meteor attack on our planet that brings a strange type of threat to our world. Name the movie and the type of threat.... (BIG HINT HERE GUYS: The way the threat was destroyed had to do with our Oceans)
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby JohnTell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:05 am

No takers on who "ButterCup" was ?...

Here's a hint...at one point in time he called his partner "Bunny"... :D

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Judy S » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:06 pm

JohnT,

OK, I was leaving it for Tom to answer but he is taking his time so.......Buttercup was Ralph Cramden and Bunny was Alice, The Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason.

Judy
Judy S

Postby JohnTell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:08 pm

Very good Judy!!!

"Ol' Buttercup" and "Bunny" from "The BlabberMouth" episode... :D

The HONEYMOONERS stands alone... no sitcom is even in the same category, they are all a distant second... IMHO...

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby lisa luciano » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:14 am

hi patsy
that old sci fi movie was Day of The Triffids. it was about giant sunflower like plants that walked and killed people and they were destroyed by the salt in salt water. to this day i'm freaked out by sunflowers. do you remember the movie where they rigged the seats in the theatre to make you think the creature from the movie was moving around you. a hint was the movie had a real scary scene involving a mute woman who couldn't scream.
lisa luciano

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Hi Lisa, Judy, Cathy, Jimmy, John T., Tommy and Everyone::

:D Yes Lisa you are correct in your guess at "The Day of the Triffords" - and yes not only am I creeped out by really tall sunflowers but there is a scene in that movie when they are trying to get away from them all slowly creeping after them in their car and they are driving down a country road where the trees are bending over and you cannot see the sky - WELL - WE HAVE 2 roads like that here and I get creeped out everytime I have to drive them thinking of that stupid movie.

The answer to YOUR question is - "The Tingler" with Vincent Price and Boy do I remember the nightmares I had about not being able to scream. Screaming was the only thing that could kill it and the poor mute woman, of course, never stood a chance of killing it :lol:

Hope everyone has had a great Labor Day and all the kids and grandkids are enjoying their first few days back at school..... I know the Mom's and Dad's are :lol:

Hope to be challenged some more soon ..... Judy your questions were really hard ones for me...

Tommy still waiting to hear WHO WAS THE RICHEST COWBOY/GIRL EVE????????

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Postby Tom Anderson » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:34 pm

My apologies to all. My brain doesn't engage much anymore...it seems to function only on even dates of odd numbered weeks.

Anyway Jimmy you were right with William Boyd as Hoppy and Judy you must have paid attention at least once. Roy Rogers was borm Leonard Slye. Jimmy you were close to the richest "cowboy. It was William Boyd who was not a cowboy, except for the Hoppy stint. He made his money as a leading man, long before westerns, for DeMille in silent movies. Interesting side is early in his career,George Hayes was Hoppy's sidekick known as Windy Halliday. We all know Georga as "Gabby" Hayes.

New question: Bill Bixby starred in 3 TV shows 1) What was the names of the shows and 2) who were his co stars?

Feeling the brain fog roll in.. gotta go

Be safe Be happy and Be healthy
Tom Anderson

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Tommy,

My Favorite Martian - Ray Walston / Uncle Martin
Courtship of Eddies Father - Brandon Cruz / Eddie
The Hulk - Jack Colvin / McGee

I seem to remember another show where he played a magician but can't recall much else.

Jimmy
Jimmy Carolan

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:49 pm

HELLO OLD & NEW TRIVIA BUDDIES,
BILL BIXBY BEING 1 OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS. I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM SINCE "THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER".
THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION IS "THE MAGICIAN". IT WASN'T ON VERY LONG & WHEN IT CAME BACK IN THE FALL, MOM LIKED ANOTHER SHOW AT THE SAME TIME. SO I DIDN'T WATCH THE LAST FEW EPISODES. BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT BILL BIXBY LOVED MAGIC & IT WAS 1 OF HIS FAVORITE HOBBIES. HE HAD A CHILD, WHO DIED OF LEUKEMIA. WHEN HIS SON WAS VERY ILL, HE USE TO DO MAGIC TRICKS TO KEEP HIS MIND OFF HIS PAIN. AFTER THE BOYS DEATH, HIS EX-WIFE (SOME UNKNOWN ACTRESS) COMMITTED SUICIDE. BILL BIXBY WAS NEVER THE SAME. EVEN WHILE HE WAS DYING OF CANCER IN 1993, HE WAS STILL DIRECTING. I WAS PREGNANT W/ MY 2ND SON THAT YEAR & CONSIDERED TO NAME HIM "LIAM", WHICH MOST OF US KNOW IS GAELIC FOR WILLIAM!THATS HOW MUCH I LIKED BILL BIXBY. BUT MY HUSBAND TALKED ME OUT OF IT.
**NOW PUT ON YOUR "THINKING CAPS" AND TELL ME WHAT ACTORS PLAYED THE FATHER & THE SON IN THE MOVIE VERSION OF (LONG BEFORE THE T.V. SHOW) "THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER"? GIVE YOU 1 HINT, THE SON BECAME A FAMOUS ACTOR & DIRECTOR!
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Judy S » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:59 am

Morning all,

Glenn Ford played the father and Ron Howard played Eddie. Now what late 50's movie was also about a father and son, and who was the main actor? Hint....it was filmed in South Beach.

Have a great day!
Judy
Judy S

Re: Second 50's Movie about a Father and Son

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Judy and All:

My only guess on this one (and I am not sure if it was South Beach) is FLIPPER - THE ORIGINAL MOVIE - I believe it was Lloyd Bridges and Beau (not positive though) and I know they made a series out of this one.

Correct me if I am wrong - If I am wrong give me one more little hint other than just South Beach UNLESS "Our Professional Trivia Doctors are On Call" :lol: One of them may come up with the answer faster than I will...

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Re: Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

Postby bamabama » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi!
How about the "Gary Moore Show", " The Greatest Show on Earth", The Ted Mack Show, What's My Line,G. E. College Bowl, Arthur Godfrey, I've Got a Secret, Carol Burnette, Jackie Gleason, Can You Top This?, Charlie's Angels, Mary Tyler Moore, That Girl(Marlo Thomas), To Tell the Truth, Concentration, Price is Right, Password, Name That Tune, Queen for a Day, The Milton Berle Show, the Red Skelton Show, My Little Margie, Lawrence Welk Show, Hee Haw, Kukla, Fran, and Ollie, The Fugitive, Perry Mason, Family Affair, and on and on.
I did Irish dancing (back in the day!), and was on the Ted Mack Show with my brother. What fun!

Happy New Year to all from San Antonio, Texas---Love ya'll! Come on down! (really miss my Bronx home)

Mary Griffith-Bothe
bamabama

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:30 am

John Tell and Everyone else,

Speaking of the Honymooners and neighborhood and TV trivia, I just saw an OK movie on the FLIX cable channel, to be repeated again Saturday afternoon at about 6 PM, called "True Love" from the late '80s. The mentionable thing about the movie is that it's a love comedy taking place between an Italian-American couple in the Morris Park section of the Bronx. The guy hangs out at a bar on Morris Park where he rushes in every day to meet his friends to watch the Honnymooners on the tube. The movie tries to capture the feeling of the neighborhood culture without doing too bad of a job. I didn't actually gag on cliches. It stars Annabella Sciorra (Gloria from the Sopranos) and Ron Eldard in their film debuts, and John Turturro's sister from the Sopranos also has a small part. You'll recognize some scenes, also some of the streets they'll mention (Morris Park Ave., Pelham Parkway, Radcliff Ave, etc.). It's a kick for that reason alone. If you get a chance, give a look.

Eddie Acunzo
Eddie Acunzo

Postby bronxbombertoo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Ding Dong School Teacher----Miss Frances
bronxbombertoo

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Dear Eddie,
1st let me start with "Happy New Year". now let me thank-you for informing us about the movie,
"True Love". i watched it last night, i started watching it by myself, then my oldest son, got into it. We made fun of the clothes, the hairstyles, the furniture & mostly the traditions. thanks again, about this movie. i laughed so much. also about the Italian- American traditions.It wasn't Stratton Park. but i remember Morris Park, in those days. i went to school with girls from that neighborhood. marie-elna
marie-elena (ferracano) r

PreviousNext

Return to Stratton Park