Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Re: Pre 70's Memory Trivia Game (see below for explanation)

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Marie-Elena

I'm glad you got a kick out of that movie "True Love." Did you catch what stadium they were drinking and pitching beer bottles at? The sight of that stadium with its statue above the bleechers is haunting the canyons of my memories, but I can't put a name on it.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Don D » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Rice Stadium in Pelham Bay Park???
Don D

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Don,

This has been bugging me since I saw the movie, Don, so I need to know. Are you taking a stab in the dark, or do you recognize it as Rice Stadium from the movie? It sounds like you are on the money, and I recognized the statue at the top of the bleechers as being true in the back of my mind as part of our area of the Bronx even though I haven't lived there in 30 years. Ease my pain.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Don D » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Eddie,

I either played, coached or worked in almost every big park with bleachers in the Bronx. Rice Stadium was the only one I remember as having the huge cement bleachers with the Greek Statue at the top. When we were younger at the Archer Ram games we used to climb up on the ledge surrounding the statue to watch the game. At one point, someone, but ot us this time, even painted the jock strap red.

By the way, they have leveled those bleachers, so even if you were so inclined, they are no longer there.

Don
Don D

Previous

Return to Stratton Park