the old gang

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

the old gang

Postby vinnie imbrosci » Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 pm

just wanted to say hello to all yhe archer st. chaplans out there.
vinnie imbrosci

Postby Linda Hall » Sun May 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Vin how are you?I was not in the gang but I would like to say"hello"...It is nice to see you got on...Good topic also... 8)
Linda Hall

Postby matt keenan » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

Hello Vinny my oldest and best friend on the planet since about 4 years old. Great to see you on the site. Yea, there were the Chaplans and also the Aardvarks. Not really a gang but sort of a crowd bifurcation. I think it was of a take off of "West Side Story" with the Sharks and the Jets. I was a Chaplan or an Aardvark but I'd be damned if I could remember which. Take care Vin, hope you can make it to the St. A's reunion celebration or the summer picnic. Be well. Love, Peace and Happiness. Matty
matt keenan

Postby JohnTell » Tue May 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey Vince...my memory of the Chaplains is they hung out on St Lawrence by Tony's across the street from Stratton Parl LL... Yourself, Peter Bourke, Ricky Costa, Tommy Diehl, Freddy Hensel,the Heaphy brothers,Tommy Annelo to name a few...

Aardvarks were to my recollection a football team that served as a "minor league" team that paved the way to joining The Rams...they played their game in Noble field on Saturdays and I still remember "Newton" Heckler wearing a leather helmet as a back in the old single wing formation...

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Les Sherwood » Thu May 22, 2008 12:43 pm

After reading the name of Peter Burke on posting, I looked at list for ticket purchasers and saw a John Burke and a John F. Burke.
Peter if you are not with one of these groups I hope that you are going and will be buying a ticket.
We shared a [u][b]few[/b][/u] beers in Cotter's and various Mud Bowls and it would be great to see you at the reunion.
Regards,
Les Sherwood
Les Sherwood

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon May 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Chaplains & Aardvarks,

John Tell right as usual as to where they hung out. Johnny Bourke, Mike Keevins, Joe Valerio, Jimmy Vacca are a few more. Remember when they painted their name on the wall in 102 ball field. Sister Laboure made them white wash over the graffitti. I will never forget seeing her in the school yard.

As for Newton Heckler's leather helmet, I can see it now however I think they called themselves the "Jr. Rams". I remember the Aardvarks hanging out in the handball courts. Billy O'Neil, Harry Tuttle, Freddy Pellet, Bugsy, John Conroy, Fitzy, John McGovern, "Dismas" and more.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Re: the old gang

Postby C. McLoughlin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:34 am

Wow! I can't believe the names I am hearing here... the Heaphy brothers,Tuttle, etc.
I knew John Burke pretty well, knew jimmy Vacca's brother Frankie. Knew James Heaphy, think he had a twin named Richie.
Anybody remember Tommy Steed, Artie Quinn, or the Galvin brothers?
C. McLoughlin

Return to Stratton Park