Teacher Names

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Teacher Names

Postby matt keenan » Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 am

Hello All: Hope all is well. Other than Mrs. Donohue, Mrs. Bender, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Rowley, Mrs. Shields, Mrs. Mankoswski. Can anyone add to the list of lay teachers who taught at St. Anthony's prior to 1966. What was the name of Mrs. Shields partner piano player. Also names of Art Teachers etc. Be well. Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Postby Kathleen » Mon May 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Matt, I had Miss Keeling in 2nd grade and Miss Larkin in 4th. And Mrs. Shields' piano playing partner was Miss Sheridan. As in "Good morning, Miss Shields, good morning, Miss Sheridan, and we thank you." (I remember having to say that at the end of each of our dance classes.)

Looking forward to the reunion. I talked to Harry last night and he said it's all coming together. Thanks to all who have been a part of it.

Take care.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Teachers' names

Postby Karenmancof » Mon May 19, 2008 3:20 pm

I had Mrs. Campbell in the second grade and Miss Larkin in the fourth grade. The art teacher was Miss O'Neill and the music teacher was Miss Keane. There was also a Mrs. Donoghue and a Miss Fay (not sure that's the correct spelling.) All the boys loved Miss Fay.

Karen Manning
Karenmancof

Postby JohnTell » Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Matty...I think you meant Mrs. Marowski who was a music teacher ...Mrs Keene and Miss Moore were also art/music teachers...

Mrs. Donohue was my 2nd grade teacher who was armed with her infamous "oatmel" gun...<:~)

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Buggsy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Miss Shields partner was Miss Sheridan. She played the piano while Miss Shields taught dancing. I think that was what it was called.

I greduated in 62 and my sixth grade teacher was Miss Ward who lived in Parkchester. She was the only lay teacher I had until High School.
Buggsy

Teacher Names

Postby Don D » Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Didn't Ms. Murowski have an organ player for choir masses called Ms.Casey?

Don Diehl
Don D

Postby Les Sherwood » Mon May 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Who was the custodian in fifties+ and how many years did he worked/lived at school/church? And what infamous movie role he reminded many ofus of.
Les Sherwood

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon May 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Les,

Not sure if he was the custodian in your day however; John McGinn was the custodian in the 60's. My father in law worked with him part time until John yelled at my wife when she was in about the 5th grade. She went home in tears, her father Sean went up to the school and knocked him out. Needless to say it was his last day as John's assistant.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Return to Stratton Park