Archer Rams Football

An area to remember a friend, loved one or memorable character from our past. Click "Memorial Page" to enter.

Archer Rams Football

Postby eddieo051 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:05 am

Yes,, Hello. My name is Eddie Ocasio. A week ago I was thinking when I was 17 years old. I was riding my bike home from work when I saw a Football Club practicing. I wasn't familiar with the area, but I wanted to check them out. So I went over and started talking with the coach. This was like in 1972. So I asked the coach if I could try out. He told me yes to come some other day, I can't remember. So I came and tried out and made the team. I was happy. I believe his name was Eddie, maybe I'm wrong. He was a little short, stocky and stern. Nice guy. I learned a lot playing for the Archer Rams. I was treated fairly and I lived in the West side of the Bronx, Burnside Ave. I remember after a game we would go to a Bar and have a few beers. Probably in Archer St. I played with some big guys, though I was only 5'8 at the time. I played two seasons with them. The first season I played special teams. We were 2 and 6. The second season I played right side Linebacker, we were 6-1-1. Lost the playoffs on a safety, 2-0. A stormy day. When I Googled Archer Rams Football I got this website. Just wanted to know if the Football club still exists and doing well. I moved to Philadelphia in 1975 and became a Police Officer. Retired in 2005. I believe I still have the Jersey I wore, # 41. If any messages my e-mail is " eddieo051@comcast.net ".
eddieo051

Re: Archer Rams Football

Postby Joe Anastasio » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Hey Eddie,
It seems that people have migrated to the Facebook page. You might have some luck there:
https://www.facebook.com/strattonpark
Joe Anastasio

Return to Memorial Page